Who we are.

Join the fight against pancreatic cancer! The 2015 Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk is Sunday, November 1st at Sloan's Lake Park, Denver, CO.

All the money raised goes directly to pancreatic cancer research thanks to the Lustgarten Foundation!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

From PAN CAN




A vision of progress is a vision of more survivors.
Dear Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Supporter:

Watch a video about Tammy's determination to help others affected by pancreatic cancer.
Click here.
People who know I have pancreatic cancer ask me what it's like to be one of the lucky few who survive it. Grateful and very determined is my answer.

I'm grateful that I am one of the six percent of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer who survive five or more years. I'm also grateful for all of the help, support and love I received from my family, friends and the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.

I know I'm lucky to be alive, unlike so many others. Now, I am very determined to change the odds for others less fortunate than me. Being a pancreatic cancer survivor shouldn't be like winning the lottery. The chances for survival today are in the single digits—the same as they have been for more than 40 years.

I hope you are as determined as I am to make a difference in the fight against this terrible disease. I've joined with thousands of others in the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network to implement our Vision of Progress—to double the pancreatic cancer survival rate by 2020 by heightening awareness, raising private and federal funds for research and continuing to support patients with the information and resources they need to survive.

If you have chosen to further these efforts this year with your donations, you are one of the true heroes of the cause. You're changing lives through providing educational tools, resources and support for patients and survivors like me. You're also changing the course of history for this disease by helping to pass the Pancreatic Cancer Research & Education Act, national legislation that will compel the National Cancer Institute to develop a long term, comprehensive strategic plan to make progress against pancreatic cancer.

I sincerely appreciate your generosity if you have already made your year-end donation. If you have not yet had the opportunity to do so, please remember that you can submit your tax-deductible donation until December 31, 2011 at midnight.

Thank you for being a hero for all of us who are fighting pancreatic cancer and for the tens of thousands more who will be diagnosed with it next year. Together, we can know, fight and end pancreatic cancer.

With gratitude and my warmest holiday wishes,


Tammy Andries
Six-year pancreatic cancer survivor
Madison, Wisconsin Affiliate Volunteer Chair and
Volunteer Advisory Council member of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network


P.S. Pay tribute to someone special in your life this holiday season with a tribute donation to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network in your loved one's name.
Charity Navigator recognizes the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network with its
highest rating of four stars in acknowledgement of our diligent stewardship.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment