Who we are.

Join the fight against pancreatic cancer! The 2015 Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk is Sunday, November 1st at Sloan's Lake Park, Denver, CO.

All the money raised goes directly to pancreatic cancer research thanks to the Lustgarten Foundation!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Time for Timer: "Sunshine on a Stick"





More nutrition inspiration from Time for Timer. A healthy late summer treat that's healthy and promotes good energy. And the flash from the past will put a smile on your face too!  Laughter and joy are sometimes the best medicine.


Uploaded to You Tube by on Apr 9, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/user/halrkane?feature=mhum

"Time for Timer was the collective title for a short series of public service announcements broadcast on Saturday mornings on the ABC television network starting in the early 1970s."
- Wikipedia



MESSY, FROZEN, JUICE BRICKS

I love the fact that Timer thinks 12 orange juice cubes are a weeks supply of snacks. At 6 years old, I was so impatient that I never gave them the chance to freeze completely, and would scarf them down immediately!

My little sunshines on a stick where effected by global warming! I'd check on them every 2 minutes, and after checking on them 5 times, well, they seemed frozen enough to me.

I'd "carefully" remove the plastic wrap, which in-turn, would dislodge ALL of my "sticks", and after popping them out of the tray, I was left with 12 messy, partially frozen, ice juice cubes on a sticky dinner plate.

There was orange juice still sloshing around inside of them! After picking one up, the juice cube would collapse sending a trail of orange juice cascading down my arms that would pool up under my elbows and drip to the floor. "SPLASH!!!"

12 orange juice cubes didn't last for a week, they lasted 5 minutes! And as far as nutrition goes, I was lucky if I received even .0000002975% of my daily requirement of vitamin C from those messy, frozen, juice bricks!

But that was okay, because I was proud to have made a "healthy after school snack" for myself, thanks to some helpful advice from a weird little lemon-drop named, Timer.

I hope that you enjoy this treasured blast-from-the-past as much as I do.

Best wishes,
~ Hal R. Kane

No comments:

Post a Comment