Who we are.

Join the fight against pancreatic cancer! The 2015 Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk is Sunday, November 1st at Sloan's Lake Park, Denver, CO.

All the money raised goes directly to pancreatic cancer research thanks to the Lustgarten Foundation!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Welcome to BJ Walks America in the Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer


Slideshow image 1
From the Lustgarten "Welcome to Community Connections" page ...


Please join me in a cause close to my heart.

As you may know, I have been deeply affected by pancreatic cancer. I lost my father, Bertram, to this dread disease when i was five years old.

Did you know that pancreatic cancer is the nation’s fourth leading cancer killer? Worse yet, unless it is found early when it can be surgically removed, there is no cure. Yet, there are no tests to find it early. How can this be?

Only ten years ago, less than a dozen researchers were focused on pancreatic cancer. There simply wasn't enough funding available to support a career in the study of this disease. As a result, pancreatic cancer was virtually ignored, and with startling consequences to patients, their families and loved ones.

I am one of those loved ones, and I decided to take a stand by walking coast to coast raising money and awareness for the Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer. I walk to honor my father and to help those battling cancer now and in the future. I created a fundraising page to support The Lustgarten Foundation. The Foundation was created to find better treatments and a cure for pancreatic cancer.

Please support me with a tax-deductible donation to The Lustgarten Foundation, and be as generous as you can. Your donation, along with my own, will help give pancreatic cancer patients a fighting chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment