Who we are.

Join the fight against pancreatic cancer! The 2015 Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk is Sunday, November 1st at Sloan's Lake Park, Denver, CO.

All the money raised goes directly to pancreatic cancer research thanks to the Lustgarten Foundation!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Why We Walk ... Dennis and Peggy's Story

Dennis and Peggy at the first Rich Phillips walk

My husband Dennis was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in February 2006. He was a young 54 year- old. The news, as many of you can understand, left us in a state of disbelief. He started chemo, radiation and had surgery in November the same year. We were hopeful. In May of 2007, the cancer had spread to Dennis’ lungs. The chemo continued and we were still hopeful. Dennis was able to walk the first annual Rich Phillips walk. He passed in spring of 2008. 

I learned many things from my husband of 31 years, too numerous to say. I also learned many things from him in his fight with this disease. He never gave in and he taught me patience. He never gave in and he taught me perseverance. He never gave in and taught me strength. He never gave in and he taught me courage. His family friends miss him and we are walking for him and for the others who are in this fight.

Sincerely, 
Peggy 

Thank you to Peggy for sharing her and her husband's story.  If you you'd like to share your family's pancreatic cancer story, please email me at: mburness@srg.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment